Alphabet Swatchathon- Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Good afternoon my awesome readers, it that day of the week again, Hump Day! We are on the downwards slope to the weekend. If you are an avid reader of my blog you will know that Wednesday is the day I continue my Alphabet Swatchathon. This is my series showing you all the untried polishes I have from indie brands from A-Z. So let's see who is in the spotlight today.


Today's brand is called Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, I only own one polish from this brand and I hadn't heard of them until I received one from the 2016 Polish Con grab bag. I am so lucky to have an absolutely amazing friend like Becca, who attended the event and picked up this grab bag for me. Black Phoenix primarily sell scented oils and perfumes, but they also launched their polish line which is available on their trading post shop.



The polish I had to try is called Belladonna, a deep blackcurrant purple creme that is fully opaque in 2 coats. It was close to being a one coater, if you used 1 thick coat I would say you would get full coverage. The polish dries to a super glossy finish, so no need to add a glossy top coat if you don't want to. The formula was nice to work with, I did have a bit of cuticle flooding but nothing major. I did not experience any staining to my cuticles or nail when I removed the polish.

Overall this was a lovely polish to work with, the formula levelled out nicely and it was easy to apply. All of their polishes come in a 10ml bottle and cost $14, I would definitely like to try some more of their polishes in the future. All of their polishes are 3 free and cruelty-free, they have a few different finishes and their aim is that their polishes will represent their scents in colour form. I will leave the links to their shop and social media sites down below. 


What do you guys think of this brand? Have you tried any others from their line? Let me know down in the comments.

As always my lovely peeps have a fantastic nail day, and I will chat to you all again soon.

Comments

  1. That deep purple is gorgeous! I haven't heard of this brand - I'm hoping they show up again at the Polish Con!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it would stamp well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous shade. I love how it looks like a deep blue/purple - like the midnight sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful purple! So glad to hear it doesn't stain x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful polish. Unfortunately, the Black Phoenix polish in my grab bag was not as nice as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this brand, but the polish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been into dark blues and purples like this lately, I've got a similar shade on my toes! Great swatch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A full gloss finish polish always looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such an inky, intense purple -- I love it! My mom would be obsessed with this one. Purple is her favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nailing Mental Health Awareness Mani

Vegan Beauty Cosmetics Swatch Box- Swatch & Review

26 Great Nail Art Idea's Challenge- Black Base